We are looking for a PHP developer who is dedicated to his craft, writes code that is proud of and can hit the ground running. We need you to write beautiful, fast PHP to a high standard, in a timely and scalable way that improves the code-base of our products in meaningful ways.
You will be a part of a creative team that is responsible for all aspects of the ongoing software development from the initial specification, through to developing, testing and launching.
- Write “clean”, well-designed code
- Produce detailed specifications
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimisation and functionality
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Follow industry best practices
- Perform UI tests to optimise performance.
- Provide training and support to internal teams
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Liaise with developers, designers and system administrators to identify new features
- Follow emerging technologies
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary
- Should know how to manage and configure hosting environments- AWS and cloud hosting services like Google Cloud
- Proven software development experience in PHP
- Understanding of open source projects like Joomla, Drupal, Wikis, Laravel, Yii, osCommerce, etc
- Good knowledge of GitHub.
- Hands on experience with programming languages like Java, Ruby, PHP and Python
- Working knowledge of CMS framework
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Good knowledge of relational databases, version control tools and of developing web services
- Experience in common third-party APIs (Google, Facebook, Ebay etc)
- Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject